08/06/21: Disruption to services nationwide incl. TurnitinUK and My Studies (Blackboard)

Update – TurnitinUK and My Studies (Blackboard) services restored

Incident resolved: June 8th 10:55 – June 8th 13:41
Turnitin have stated that the issue is now resolved and was occuring during the times noted above. We are also aware that My Studies (Blackboard) has issues during this time period and these issues also now seem to be resolved.

Update at 12.17pm
The access issues were initially reported at 10.54am and persisted until 12.15pm. Turnitin have advised that they are currently monitoring their services after putting steps in place to mitigate the issue.

From 11.02am on 08/06/21:

We have been made aware that there are nationwide issues affecting websites, web services, and web applications related to a Content Delivery Network provider (cloud-based service). This is affecting both Turnitin and My Studies and may also impact other services and websites which you access as a matter of course for work or study.

We are following updates from service providers and will send an update once services return to normal levels.

Services impacted:

• TurnitinUK – submission and marking tools currently unavailable.
  • My Studies (Blackboard) – areas of the application are loading slowly or are not available.
  • Other national websites and web applications are also impacted.