On the 1st of August 2017 at around 6pm GMT the document viewer in Turnitin, which is currently where essays are reviewed and marked, will be upgraded to the new Feedback Studio. This change will be implemented across the UK, some British HEIs have moved to the Feedback Studio already, as have HEIs in the United States.
For full details of this change, please visit the eLearning Team Blog where you can read a summary of the changes and view a before-and-after comparison video: https://blogs.brighton.ac.uk/elearningteam/2017/03/30/turnitin-update-aug/
- Any submission points created prior to the update will transition over, they do not need to be recreated.
- If some student assignments are marked in the current version, then they can be picked up and moderated in the new version without issue.
- If QuickMarks are applied to a paper in the current version they will be viewable and editable in the new version they just won’t feature the marker’s initials as they were created prior to that feature being available.
- The way that students submit to Turnitin via studentcentral will not change.
- The way that staff create submission points/inboxes and mark work will not change.
- The route by which students get to their eFeedback in Turnitin via My Grades will not change.
- Changes for the most part are limited to visual improvements and mobile compatibilty for students. See this blog post for more details.
- The option to generate a code for the Turnitin for iPad app will be available via the information “(i)” button on the right after the upgrade.
Turnitin will be unavailable from 3pm-9pm on Saturday 5th August
Turnitin have advised us that they will be carrying out maintenance on the service on Saturday 5th August, from 3-9pm. The service will be completely unavailable during this maintenance window (including the Turnitin for iPad app), and we therefore recommend avoiding scheduling submission deadlines to fall within this period.