Visiting Research Fellowships
The Centre for Spatial, Environmental and Cultural Politics is inviting applications for Visiting Research Fellows for Spring/Summer 2023. We invite applications from academics from the UK or abroad, and from individuals working in the private, public, or charitable sectors.
Visiting Research Fellows will contribute to the vibrant interdisciplinary research of the Centre and will offer a programme of work related to one or more of the Centre’s crosscutting themes:
- Climate justice and environmental politics
- Migration and mobilities
- Spatial inequalities and injustices
Fellows will require a sponsor (permanent staff member) from the Centre to support their visit and application. Information about centre staff can be found here.
Visiting Research Fellows in the Centre for Spatial, Environmental and Cultural Politics can be apply for travel, accommodation and fellowship-related research costs of up to £2,000 (£1,800 expenses and £200 registration fee), but no salary or stipend is paid. Fellowships are usually expected to last between two weeks and 3 months.
Visiting Fellows are expected to:
- Cover their own insurance, travel, accommodation, subsistence and any research-related costs that exceed the £1,800 budget
- Pursue a specific program of work
- Spend at least some of their fellowship time in residence at the University of Brighton
- Contribute a seminar, workshop or lecture to the Centre
- Engage with the PGR community of PhD students, for example through a workshop or a Q&A session
- Consider working on a joint publication or external funding application with one or several members of staff in the Centre
- Contribute to social media, blog and/or website for the Centre
- Conduct themselves in line with the spirit of University and School policies such as GDPR, Social Media, research ethics and integrity, and others relevant ones
- Take all budget-related actions (booking of travel etc) in close liaison with our administrative team
Please find the relevant application form and guidance below.
Please note that the guidance document is aimed at all Visiting Research Fellow Applications to the University of Brighton. As we are inviting applications for Centre Visiting Research Fellows then we ask you to submit your application to the Centre Co-Directors Professor Julie Doyle and Dr Nichola Khan in the first instance.
Criteria for Reviewing Applications:
- Quality and track record of the Applicant
- Quality of the proposed work and outcomes/outputs
- Viability of the proposed work (funding, timescales, etc)
- Benefit to the Centre for Spatial Environmental and Cultural Politics
- Strength of support by member of staff (sponsor) supporting the Applicant
Deadline- Extended to Friday 13 January 2023, 17.00 GMT.
Fellowships have to take place by 31 July 2022.
If you have any queries, please contact the Centre Co-Directors to discuss your application:
Prof. Julie Doyle email@example.com
Dr Nichola Khan N.Khan@brighton.ac.uk