Throughout the 2 week School of Re-construction we have a programme of virtual Keynotes, Panel Discussions and broadcasts from the Brighton Waste House available to watch live. We hope you can join us.
To book your event tickets please visit our registration site.
All our keynotes are starting at 17:30 British Summer Time.
Monday 2nd August- Keynote No. 1 – Dr. Michaël Ghyoot of Rotor DC
Tuesday 3rd August – Keynote No.2 – “Full Stop” by Prof. Folke Köbberling, Technische Universität Braunschweig
Thursday 5th August – Keynote No.3 – “SUPERLOCAL” BY Marc Maurer of Maurer United Architects
Tuesday 10th August – Keynote No.4 – Césare Peeren of SuperUse Studios discusses 24 years of Superuse
Thursday 12th August – Keynote No.5 – Jonny Pugh on Flores i Prats Architects
All our Panel discussion sessions are starting at 12:30 British Summer Time.
Wednesday 4th August – Panel Session – ‘Are we learning the right stuff?’
- Chair: Duncan Baker-Brown (Climate Literacy champion university of Brighton)
- Speakers: Scott McAuley (Anthropocene School of Architecture)
- Anthony Roberts (UoB School of Architecture & Design)
- Nick Gant (UoB School of Art)
- Michael Spooner (UoB School of Architecture & Design)
Wednesday 11th August – Panel Session – ‘Why Systems Thinking?’
- Chair: Taleen Josefsson (Thrive Project Manager Chetwoods)
- Speakers: Dr. Ben Sweeting (UoB School of Architecture & Design)
- Dr. Michaël Ghyoot (Rotor DC)
- Gerard Roemers (Senior Sustainability Consultant Metabolic)
- Dr. Ryan Woodard (UoB Senior Research Fellow)
Lunchtime broadcasts from the Brighton Waste House
Join Cat Fletcher, co-founder of Freegle, who will be broadcasting live from the Brighton Waste House for a lunchtime discussion. These events will take place on the following days:
- Tuesday 3rd August 12:30 – 13:00
- Thursday 5th August 12:30 – 13:00
- Tuesday 10th August 12:30 – 13:00
- Thursday 12th August 12:30 – 13:00
We look forward to welcoming you to the School of Re-construction