Week 10 – 22/04/19

This week I was lucky enough to of been gifted a digital camera by a man a friend of mine once shared a house with. He was looking for people who people felt deserved it, and would make good use of it, my friend kindly thought of me and contacted him straight away. Things like this make me appreciate the good people in this world, this camera is going to change everything. It is going to allow me to develop my camera skills beyond my phone camera, and into more professional shooting methods.

With this new camera, this week I chose to develop the skills I was taught in lectures by taking a friend of mines headshots for his acting portfolio. I also took advantage of the location, a countryside full of yellow flowers, two of the things that remind me of home. The flowers remind me of my mother for she is a florist, for me, a part of my sense of place is not a location, but people.

This shoot may not be directly linked to my final portfolio, but did help me develop my camera skills to create the portfolio images. Through camera techniques and photoshop, I was able to explore my creativity and abilities I didn’t know I had, giving me the confidence to pursue developing my final images.

SHOOT 1 – HEADSHOTS – EDITING PRACTICE & CAMERA FOCUS

SHOOT 2 – FLOWERS – A REMINDER OF HOME

Comment on this post