PhD studentships available in a range of social science areas and disciplines
We are offering ESRC-funded studentships through the South Coast Doctoral Training Partnership (SCDTP) in a range of social science areas and disciplines.
- Globalisation and the trajectories of nation states after the financial crisis of 2008
- Peer support and caring relationships in dementia
- Does taxation influence labour market choices
- Teachers entering and leaving the UK teaching profession: implications for policy
- Refugee migration to the South-East coast: Adolescent mental health experiences, provision for refugee minors, and political debates in the domain of Public Health
- Making weight: A bio psychosocial model for policy regulation of athletes’ weight management behaviour
- Coming to queer spaces: improving community support for young men who identify as gay, bisexual and/or trans (GBT)
- The legal age assessment of unaccompanied minors and the benefit of doubt
We are also seeking highly motivated applicants to suggest their own projects, interested in PhD research in the following areas
- Social policy
- Social work
- Business and Management
- Secondary analysis of ESRC data set
SCDTP studentships cover the cost of programme fees and provide an annual maintenance grant of £14,777. SCDTP PhD students also have access to a Research Training Support Grant for activities such as carrying out fieldwork within the UK.
For further information, please visit our ESRC studentship page.