RSS Feed

WordPress for Android

March 26, 2014 by Robin Englebright   

I’ve been following the Learning Analytics conference tweets today,  and was looking at their poster session over lunch on my Android phone,  a nexus 4. I was quite impressed that I could read the site and even the posters on my tiny phone,  guessing it was some fancy responsive design site…  I was a bit surprised to find it was yet another WordPress site. (like this one)
At the bottom of the page they were advertising the WordPress for Android app.  So I’ve downloaded it and am using it to write this post.  Pretty neat.

image

There’s all the functionality  I need,  and the most useful features are right at hand…  Or finger. Because its a native app not just a Web page I can switch between apps and check links without fear of losing what I’ve typed into a Web form field.

image

To top it off the Google play store tells me that Web guru Brian Kelly has given it a thumbs up.
So there you have it,  WordPress blogs and therefore http://blogs.brighton.ac.uk blogs look good on a mobile device,  and there’s a free app to help create and control your content.
Back to the Learning Analytics briefly it’s worth noting that there is data emerging that indicates that for your students the mobile device is likely their main device,  and unless you are writing for mobile,  you may  just not get read…
Next post on mobile stats and learning Analytics I think.

»