RSS Feed

#JISCEL10 – HAVE A GO – COUNTDOWN 4 DAYS

November 12, 2010 by Robin Englebright   

Over the past couple of weeks I’ve looked at each of the exhibits in the Have a Go area.

I can say truthfully I have changed the way I work because of some of these exhibits:

·         I now have the Xpert media search as a link in my browser bar, so I don’t have to faff about with attribution of images and checking clearance any more.

·         I’m considering how best to use elluminate or other tools to support the work on the SWaNI LTIG (Scotland, Wales Northern Ireland learning and teaching innovation grants), where the projects will be spread across a vast geographical area.

·         I’m reflecting on the legal aspects of recording and sharing of audio video and photos, and know where to find guidance if I’m concerned.

All this and the pre-conference hasn’t even begun. I’m looking forward to the discussions and debates which turn a collection of web resources into a conference.

There will be discussion fora in each of the Have a Go areas, and I’ll be joining in.

But don’t forget there’s a whole Conference proper out there too, with keynote speakers.

In light of recent events I think I’m most interested to hear the student voice, and on Tuesday 23rd from 16.00 to 17.00 Usman Ali and Aaron Porter will be speaking on the results of NUS research into student experience.

Image001

The Conference runs from the 23rd – 26th November 2010, and the pre-conference activity and reading week opens on 16th November 2010 and offers a chance to become familiar with the conference environment and try out innovative JISC projects in the ‘have-a-go’area. 
See you there!

Book online – early registration advisable for full participation in the pre-conference week

www.jisc.ac.uk/whatwedo/programmes/elearningpedagogy/elpconference10/booking 
Delegate fee:£50

»