RSS Feed

#jiscel10 JISC – Have a Go- Xpert media search – Countdown 14 days –

November 2, 2010 by Robin Englebright   

I’m all for openness, I’m delighted by the very idea of creative commons licences, but truth be told the actual process of finding what you need, and then working out how to do the right thing with the licence is a bit of a faff. I figure if it’s a pain for me then a teacher or lecturer with a “real job” is going to be even more hard pressed.

That’s why I was absolutely delighted to find that the Xpert media search and attribution service are one of the exciting exhibits in the #jiscel10 Have a Go area.

Yesterday I wrote a load of dense text and wanted a picture of a bored student to break up page, I thought I’d have a quick look using the Xpert tool, it found me a picture, and more important created the embed code for the image AND the CC licence. All I had to do was copy and paste just like with a You tube video embed code.

Image001

This is a seriously useful tool.

There will be an elluminate session giving a live tour of the tool on  Thursday, 18th, 13:00 – 14:00 in the Have a Go area, the session will be recorded.

I can’t recommend this highly enough.

The Conference runs from the 23rd – 26th November 2010, BUT the pre-conference activity and reading week opens on 16th November 2010 and offers a chance to become familiar with the conference environment and try out innovative JISC projects in the ‘have-a-go’ area. 
See you there!

Book online – early registration advisable for full participation in the pre-conference week

www.jisc.ac.uk/whatwedo/programmes/elearningpedagogy/elpconference10/booking 
Delegate fee:£50

»