Creating My Edublog (Week 1)

Selecting my theme

To select my theme you have to wonder your mouse over “digital fabrication project” and options will pop up and one of them is “themes”. The image below show all the themes that you can select which will implement your a theme which affects the look and structure of your website. I chose to select “tracks” as my theme because I felt that it was the most aesthetically pleasing of the themes that they give you and additionally I found the structure would be easiest for first time visitors to my website to use.

dsc

What is your Dashboard?

Your Dashboard is where you can control your blog. As shown below your Dashboard shows you the main aspects of your blog. Here you can change your account name, personal details and shows you your recent activity. It also shows you a bar of options on the left of the page. This bar includes various options such as posts, pages, media and more. These options are very important to learn how to use as they control your blog.

hh

How to create a post?

To create a post  you need to select posts which is highlighted in blue to the left of the image shown below. As you can see the image below shows all the posts that I have posted on my website. At the top of the page it gives you the option to “add new” which will allow you to create a new post. This is shown two images below. The page allows you to title your post and add text and images to your post. Once you have input what you wanted onto your post all you need to do is select “post” which is located to the right of the page. This will automatically post your information onto your website. If you want to edit your post all you have to do is select the post you want to edit and select “edit” and when you have added what you want where it says publish it should say “update”. you need to select this button to update your post and your previous post will update the changes you have made. It will not be removed from your website or reset.

dcs

as

How to set a featured image?

When you are editing a post you want to create a featured image which is the image that coincides with the title of your post. To do this you want to look at the options you have to the right of your post as shown below. Next you need to select featured image which is located at the bottom.

dscsd

Once you have selected “set featured image” it will give you the option to upload files and next all you need to do is select the image you want to upload and you select “insert image”. Then whichever image you selected will be automatically set as your post’s featured image.

How to create a page?

To create a page is pretty much the same as creating a post. As you can see in the image below it shows my pages that I have uploaded to my website. To create a website all you have to do is “add new” page and it will have the same structure as posting a page. So look at how you insert a post above and implement those into posting a page.

dasd

How to insert a link?

You can also insert a link into your post or page. This means when someone clicks on the link it will take them to the page that you have referred to. Firstly you have to create a new post/page or edit an existing one. Then you have to select the link option as shown in the image below. Next you will insert the link that you would like to use into the box it gives you as shown below. Then click enter and your link will be inserted into your post/page as shown below.

edw

xwdcw

The image below shows how my website looks after I have changed my theme and added posts and pages.

sad

Written by:

Be First to Comment