Maison Margiela

‘We think the most important similarity between fashion and architecture is that they share the same starting point; the human body’ – Maison Martin Margiela

This quote really caught my eye because it made me really consider what it is I want to create for this project and what it is my re-brand will represent in terms of silhouette and structure.

Screen Shot 2015-03-13 at 14.56.39 Screen Shot 2015-03-13 at 15.08.14 Screen Shot 2015-03-13 at 14.56.16 Screen Shot 2015-03-13 at 14.56.09

These images I found myself looking at initially due to the make up that compliments the garments. The dark, strong shadows that surround the eyes creates such an emotive atmosphere and I feel really bring out the power within the garments as a whole.

I also really like the splash of colour thorough the representation of washing up gloves. They suggest a strong women that isn’t afraid to demonstrates that through her wardrobe; she is willing to stand up for what she believes in. She can be who she wants to be, can wear what she choses to and behave in a manor that she feels is acceptable.