FE Teaching and Training
Find out more information about embarking on a career in teaching and training in the Further Education sector on the Society for Education and Training website.
The Education and Training foundation is the professional development body for the FE and Training sector. Their role is to support you in being an even better leader, teacher, trainer or assessor.
These websites provide a range of resources to support FE teaching and learning:
- Excellence Gateway
- Vocational Learning resources
- BBC resources to support the teaching of Functional Skills qualifications for post-16 and adult learners in England showing how to apply practical Maths and English skills to real-life and vocational contexts.
- Pearson’s FE and vocational resources
- Stem Learning provides courses, support and resources for teachers, lecturers, technicians and support staff involved in Post 16 and FE.
- Further Education News is a digital news channel which provides the latest news from the FE sector through articles, podcasts and videos. At present they also are providing free resources to help teachers, parents and students respond to the impact of COVID-19.
- The British Library has a range of teaching resources to help plan lessons, design schemes of work and set homework tasks in Citizenship, English Language, English Literature, History, History of Art, Music and RE for students aged 16-18.
- NCETM have pulled together a range of maths resources for secondary and FE teachers.
- Jisc provides digital solutions and has a dedicated section for FE and skills. It explores news and guidance relevant to the Further Education and skills sector. It also has specific guidance and support for FE during Covid 19.
- Learning Relationships Checklist (word doc)