Certainty

Every Sunday until September I’ll be pulling a (virtual) card from the Universe Has Your Back deck and reflecting on it.

When I lean on certainty and faith I change my mind about the world I see.

It has been a bit of a heavy week. I had a meeting at the start of the week and, I guess, I spent all my pent up anxiety on that day. The next day I was exhausted, and was very unwell in the morning. My partner and I went for a walk that evening and we discovered a sensory garden by our local gym.

I sat down for a while, by some herbs and just felt like my mind was buzzing like a beehive. It was so noisy and busy and crowded. I sighed and tried to let go of the anxiety. I imagined the experience a bee felt as it flies away from the hive on a solitary journey for pollen. The garden was so quiet.

I still felt rough midweek, but I continued taking part in the daily chats I mentioned previously. I stopped taking my iron supplements because they were making me feel sick. And sure enough, I feel better (but more tired).

I continued on an upward spiral, and today I ended up in Tread Bikely with a poem I wrote about cycling in Brighton; Summer Nights.