June 19

Dealing with negative people

When in doubt, I choose to see peace

When in doubt, I choose to see peace

I love a good blogging challenge, and I noticed some of the erotic blogosphere are taking part in Every Damn Day in June.

Everyday I will be plucking a card from my Miracles Now card deck and writing about what comes to mind…

I try to fill my life with positive vibes. I want people around me to feel great, heck, I want to feel great too.

I’ve got quite good at filtering people out of my life who are bad for my mental health. I’m not just talking friends who are having a whinge or whine about a difficult situation, or friends who are struggling to move past a trauma or friends who are lashing out for some unknown reason. I’m talking about people who are at that point where their resentment fills the air around them…

Recently I pitched an article to a friend’s collaborative blog about burn-out. I thought of our mutual friend as he has burn-out, and it shows. He put a lot of pressure on himself due to a successful project he set up earlier in this year. Over time, I noticed he was saying things that made me feel uncomfortable, things that normally would have made me sever ties. Kinda nice guy-ish in nature.

I thought of Twwly, one of my favourite bloggers from back in the day, and her blog post named sustainability. And I felt what she said. I felt that I was spending energy on being positive when really I just needed to call someone out. I’m not normally calm, and I wondered if my determination to be one was a façade.

Then I just didn’t want to think any more.

This card reminds me that people are flawed. Including me.

Tags:

Posted June 19, 2019 by N¡na in category Uncategorized

About the Author

An alumna #brightonforever