January 17

Let’s talk about socks

I have so many pairs of colourful socks. I like the feel of smooth new socks and I like that people think they are fun(ny).

I might do a sock-a-week post. Just because they make me happy and I like to share them. We’ll see if I am motivated – ha.

Good Vibes socks

Good Vibes socks from Claires

One of the things I have noticed in that I try in inject good vibes into my life – even when I’m feeling low. I’ve noticed self-help books and positive thinking blogs/vlogs are a huge part of my life now. Huge. I try everything to feel better. At first it seemed selfish and a little bit silly. A lot of what I was reading seemed like cod psychology – all thankfulness and visualising goals. But later on, I figured it’s my mental health, I owe it everything I got.

I joked to my friend recently; I feel like a hippy now. because I have a handmade vision board encouraging me to focus on the joy brought to me by my relationships, writing and my home life. But really, what do I have to lose? If I feel better it’s a win, if I don’t then I just begin again tomorrow.

To me, that’s what good vibes are all about. Sure I’d like to feel good all the time and I’d like if one day my mental health felt manageable. But I don’t feel good and I’m having a tough time dealing with things. That’s OK. I feel content despite all of that. I look down at my socks and realise I’m trying my best. And, y’know, it sounds cheesy but that’s how I know I’m doing alright. Because I haven’t given up yet.

Posted January 17, 2019 by N¡na in category Uncategorized

About the Author

An alumna #brightonforever