Tomato Girl

Yesterday I got ill. It had been building up for weeks. I don’t feel too disappointed about it because I know colleagues at work who have been feeling run down and one who got signed off. Yesterday I was taking time off in lieu and today is my scheduled day off.

I’ve got a mixture of the fungal stress rash I get, and I have an outbreak of acne which is pretty much due to the same thing. I also have a handful of nasty insect bites on the right side of my body that look irritated (they’ve turned into puffy clusters which sometimes happens when I have an allergic reaction).

After my afternoon nap I woke up with ulcers in my mouth. I feel itchy and swollen and just really low. I wanted to take today off college but I was aware with how behind I got over freshers, so I figured I’d just fight through it. But yesterday evening I decided to email in and say I was having the day off sick. I also asked my classmates to send me the homework and they told me that the course had been postponed for a fortnight.

The timing couldn’t have been better (for me). A proper rest without the feeling of guilt I always get when I let people down on a sick day.

Universe – you have my back ♥