Goals

One of the additional #EdublogsClub prompts is describing my short-term and long-term goals. I think I may have done this prompt but I don’t remember doing it. Today is my last week of my current temporary contract with CCCU. I’m feeling a little down as I’ve made some good friends in Canterbury and it’s started feeling like a place I want to stick around but I’ve also been invited to attend four exciting job interviews next week. Four! And I’ve been accepted on to More Pathways to FE so I’ll have a week placement next month.

My four upcoming job interviews are very exciting – two are for administrative posts in CCCU and the other are for lecturer posts in a nearby college. The latter is terrifying but also something I’ve slowly been working towards to for a decade (though I never quite feel ready enough). I’m tempted to put my focus on the administrative posts because I’d like to stay in CCCU and I feel they play to my strengths more. Three of the interviews take place in one afternoon – so I know it’s going to be tough. Afterwards I’ll start on a journey to visit all of my family spread over the country – I’ll be totalling one thousand miles.

And that’s not forgetting the time I need to put aside to shop for Christmas presents (yeah – I’m that behind) and do my coursework and freelance writing.

But I’m feeling upbeat about the next year. My short-term goals are:

• Get through Christmas and New Year
  • Try my best job interviews next week
  • Enjoy my January placement with More Pathways to FE
  • Keep focussed on my Brighton life, even though it feels very far away

Long-term is more obvious:

• Get a secure job, hopefully one I like in education
    • Continue studying
    • Save money
    • Stay in touch with my friends and ex-colleagues
    • Look at moving closer to Canterbury
    • More self-care