July 1

Teacher Academy

I got a text message from one of my friends who I have not spoken to for months (or seen for half a year – oops, my bad!) saying they read my previous post and was sad to read that I didn’t get the job but I seemed to be in a better place.

I think I am in a better place, but I’m really not sure. However I think that my thinking I am in a better place means I must be. I also realised I didn’t post about the results of my meeting.

In approximately ten days I will find out if I have been shortlisted for a lecturer post. A lecturer post FFS!!! I met with a colleague at the local college and they were encouraging of my application for two lecturer vacancies. If successful, I can enrol on a training and support programme – and possibly, get a PGCE at some point in the future.

I know I’m being pretty reckless by pinning all my hopes on this, but sometimes I just get a feeling and my rational brain walks out on me. The person I spoke to in the college made me feel secure and appreciated – he picked up that my support network is in Brighton and I’m nervous about leaving it. He also mentioned alternative routes into teaching because people learn/progress in different ways. He felt like my Inclusive Arts experience had set me up nicely for this type of work. In short, things just felt harmonious.

Posted July 1, 2017 by N¡na in category Uncategorized

About the Author

An alumna #brightonforever