January 29

Quayside

I was born in Poole and spent most of the noughties there. I haven’t been there for years now. I took my Dad on a day trip there a couple of years ago. But it has been six years since I spent actual quality time there.

Out of interest, I thought I’d see what is happening there. I was thinking of taking my Dad on another day trip because I had such a great time with him last time. I think the change of scenery, and a break for the ol’ routine, did us both good.

I saw that a place called Quayside Emporium opened a couple of years ago. It probably opened around the time I was visiting Poole with my Dad so I am surprised I did not see it, though it is possible I was in Poole late spring rather than summer. It sounds like a place my Dad and I would love to go snooping in together (my sister and brother-in-law might find it interesting too).

Quayside Emporium illustration from the Poole Tourism website (source).

When I saw the location of Quayside Emporium I was happy to see it is in Henning’s Wharf. Henning’s Wharf was my favourite building in Poole for a long time. I’m not sure why. I only remember it being a powder blue colour (which is probably why I liked it in the first place). There was a pub on the ground floor called Mint for a while, followed shortly by Aqua. During my time in Poole it was my dream to one day own a flat in Henning’s Wharf, though now I’d probably only be able to rent. I’m not sure how similar the flats are but I saw one with a mezzanine floor being sold for £130k-£150k in the very early noughties. Half a decade later I saw what looked like a similar one being sold for £180k. I decided to see if I can find the flat I loved again and I can see it listed in 2013 in again 2015.

The flat

I’d be interested to see the building again. Just to see if my feelings have changed. Or maybe just to compare the person I was back then to the person I am now. I hope it’s still the powder blue colour.

Posted January 29, 2017 by N¡na in category Uncategorized

About the Author

An alumna #brightonforever