Newsfeed

I’ll just put it out there that I love Sharepoint. I have friends and colleagues who just don’t see the sharepoint of it. Although I agree with all their criticisms of it, it just seems to cooperate nicely with me. (This may be due to me having a Windows Phone. I could spend hours talking about the weird things my Windows Phone does but all apps on it just seem to work harmoniously with eachother and my OCD-brain likes the uniformity and collaboration parts.)

The student Sharepoint takes a while to navigate, so I’ll blog about it in various parts to avoid overwhelming.

I’ll start off by talking about the Newsfeed. Students (with @uni.brighton.ac.uk email addresses) can view the newsfeed here https://unibrightonac-my.sharepoint.com/default.aspx

If you’ve looked at this page recently you’ll see me. In all the time I’ve used the newsfeed I have never seen activity from anyone else. It only seems to show activity from the past couple of weeks. I like it because it has the potential to reach all students (something that doesn’t seem to happen anywhere else – unless a general forum could be created in StudentCentral).

I view the newsfeed in the Sharepoint Newsfeed app. I recommend it for anyone interested in using the newsfeed. You can get it on Itunes and in the Windows Store (I don’t know if there’s an android app).

logginginnewsfeedIt’s easy to set up once installed and, I just think, it’s smooth.

You can also follow classmates and friends on the MyPeople page. I just like saying My people – it makes me feel like Marky Mark.

I also like that if you click on someone’s name it takes you to their Delve (but Delve’s a post for another day).