May 15

Update

The past two weeks have been very eventful. I just had to double-check that on my calendar because I cannot believe all that has happened in two weeks. I’m glad I waited until now to blog because I could’ve been quite negative if I had posted over the bank holiday weekend. I had a rough time and I became one sour piñata. But as the days have passed the news has become brighter. So here you go:

Nephew

My nephew was born on 3 May. He came five weeks early. Without getting oversentimental, he is lovely and I could spend hours staring at him. As someone who had a shaky start in life I’ve never cared much for other humans, but my nephew came along and now I do. I could write for hours about him but it’s the internet here and privacy for tiny people is important to me.

Work

I technically started my new role at work on Friday (I am covering for a colleague). It came at a good time because I’d been losing focus with my daily data entry tasks and just felt restless for a month now. My life does seem to go from one extreme to the other; three months ago I was a stressed burnt-out student and last week I was bored numb.

Money

I thought I was staying afloat but a few days ago I remembered I had booked a long weekend away. Then I noticed I forgot to book the train tickets! Uh oh. So I’ll have £100ish to last me until payday. Luckily I put my unclaimed holiday onto last month’s timesheet so I’ll be getting a big chunk.

Chromebook

I bought a Chromebook this month. This is very exciting for me because it means I can use/make/test apps. Of course, when it arrived I was distracted with other things so I didn’t set it up for a week, and I’ve only used it once. But, the point is, I will use it… soon. I haven’t been able to use my laptop at home because it’s slow and faulty, plus I don’t have a desk so I have to sit in various uncomfortable places to use it. I couldn’t afford a new laptop and I had wanted a tablet for a while. This seemed like a good compromise.

Gender

I am now the contact for the Gender Equality Network Group. In fact, I might even be the Rep (I’m a habitual volunteerer, and I can no longer remember what I said yes to). I’m nervous but really excited because I had been wanting to get involved with this group for a while, but I couldn’t commit to the times because I was studying. Currently I’m working with Marcie Boyer to get the SharePoint set up and I’ll be contacting the members next week to get the meetings up-and-running. I’m really looking forward to it.

Posted May 15, 2016 by N¡na in category Uncategorized

About the Author

An alumna #brightonforever