Instagram Development

Engage with hashtags,

Tag photos of big influencers and engage with their content,

comments on big influencers’ posts.

In order to develop the Instagram portfolio for Ever Magazine as an Influencing platform, as well as my own portfolio I have started to engage daily with other accounts and also set up the start of competition on the Ever Instagram to influence engagement. As shown in the screenshots below, I have been using the Ever Instagram to comment and engage with other accounts that are similar in purpose and with other fashion graduates too. As I will be using Ever and my own personal Instagram for artistic exposure I think it is important to ensure they are consistent and I want to grow an organic following as this is much more valuable than using bots. I have been using my portfolio account to engage and also promote Ever magazine by commenting ‘ Hey we love what you are doing, follow @evercatalogue to be involved with our competition ran by L6 Fashion Graduates.’ I aim for this strategy to increase engagement on both accounts and also reach different audiences as my personal Instagram is a deeper insight into my own process, leading onto the professional aspect of Ever.

As shown In the screenshots above, for Ever I have been particularly concentrating on learning more about Instagram engagement and one tip that I have taken onboard is using websites such as SeekMetrics to generate popular hashtags that are relevant to your purpose, this is something that can generate bots however as it is just through hashtags I think this is okay as despite this it also reaches accounts that use the similar hashtags too. I have taken into consideration for Ever, who do I want to follow us, and where can I find them? I want our target audience to follow us and to find them I have been engaging with similar accounts on Instagram and messaging them directly as well as featuring them on our Instagram stories to hopefully gain a follow from them, allowing us to be on their algorithm. In addition to reaching out to the Fashion Coms Instagram and also other fashion graduates directly.

Annabelle and I decided to run a competition to gain exposure. To start this process I decided to create a poll to see what our current followers would like as a prize – either a gift voucher or a copy of our magazine and a surprise. At current, the latter is in favor and to ensure this is in line with our concept I am now working through several ideas to be our surprise. Reviewing our insights feature on Instagram, our account is increasing in engagement and this is something I want to grow exponentially.

Tips for increased engagement – add a keyword into your name ie, Shauna Maddison – Fashion Editor, Ever Magazine – Fashion influencer

Compile hashtag groups – Shown below.

Hashtags to use, and edit of Names on Instagram

Instagram Development