Update

For my portfolio and mainly my Instagram I have started to post content and also ‘advertise’ Ever magazine’s Instagram too. For the portfolio module, I am working towards using Ever, my personal Instagram and my personal LinkedIn for exposure and I want to ensure that both of the Instagram accounts are consistent in communicating my art direction.  My personal Instagram aims to be an extension of Ever’s Instagram showing a range of my own personal thoughts and visuals, with behind-the-scenes processes showing Ever and my own practice.

As for Ever’s Instagram, I am slowly and surely working through the content and how this is going to be portrayed on the platform – planning in the media pack.  The shoot Annabelle and I directed yesterday (April 1st) was great and allowed me to direct and gain more experience in implementing this with a professional photographer that we had not worked with before. This allowed me to focus on styling and direction in a more focused way and I think this shows through with the aesthetics in the clothing that we shot. The images that we have from this shoot will be posted on both of the Instagram accounts, and possibly my Linked’in as I know creative photography and practise posts gain a lot of exposure on Linked’in even outside of your own connections.  After listening and talking with Jody from House of Juba, I plan to take a direction of my Instagram being my main point of contact for work and a ‘portfolio’ site, however, I shall still use the website as a point of contact for work, allowing me to choose the most appropriate platform for any future job roles and clients reference.

At current, I am feeling positive about both projects and the work that is being created however I aim to make sure we have the rest of the shoots finished as soon as possible so that Annabelle and I have a sufficient amount of time to edit and ensure that the physical magazine fits our brand identity and concept, as well as giving me time to work on the Instagram and promotional strategy, again that will reflect our concept and brand. As the concept and idea of influencing it is important to me, and it reflects my own mission within my fashion communication, Annabelle and I have spoken about taking this further once we have finished university so having a solid and consistent start is really important to me, and I just want to make sure we have enough time to get it right. In order to gain more exposure, I plan to have a day working and commenting on other posts and brands that are simular and really engaging with content that sits in line with us.

My personal Instagram                         @evercatalogue

@portfolioartfashioncoms – to be edited

Update