2020-2021. Mixed media on wooden board, wooden frame and bamboo sticks. 18” X 18”
‘Waterfall with Yellow Wagtail’

2021. Monotype variant 1/1 in block printing ink on paper. 13” X 10.5”
‘Cold Moon’

2020-2021. Oils, Acrylics, Glue, Sawdust, Inks, Clay, on canvas and wooden frame. 22” X 28.5” X 3”
‘Sunshine’

‘My intention for my paintings currently lies with distilling the intimate complexities of emotional experience, both from an auto-biographical and ontological position. Ideally, if successful, the work shall register sensitively within others own spiritual recognition towards the ‘sublime’ within nature and within ourselves.

My pictures ask questions about the transfigurations of nature and the senses. About the fragmentary aspects of memory. About the palpability of colours, textures, temperatures, and how they can affect us within painting across a range extrasensory fields. The paintings should vibrationally ‘hum’ with feeling and viewers should be able to recognise the realism within that.

Experimentation continues to stimulate the evolution of these paintings. Qualities of habitual interplay between materials and processes keeps the pictorial surface alive for me. I feel there is a richness in combined material and its potential to emotively move us, along with colour.

I often use incidents of material surprise and controlled accidents as clues to inform me that the work is growing somewhere. That I’m getting a little warmer towards the nucleus of the subject.

Current pictures I’m paintings are concerned with memories of people, places, and the natural world, that at one time or another I found distinctly transcendent in their emotional and visual intensities. My paintings are made in the hope of visually and physically embodying the same emotional sensations its chosen subject evoked within myself, and to hold their own spiritual weight as relics of my creative process. Translators of experience.’

Instagram: @vsbillredshaw/

Website: https://redshawbill.wixsite.com/gallery