LOCATION SCOUTING

The locations that I have planned in my shoot are:

Prelude: A Hilltop in the morning; I would only like to be able to see grass and sky.

Shame: Woods at blue hour; this is for a scene at blue hour with the chains wrapped around the model.

You, me and him/ Incompleteness and Loss: Sea at blue hour, I want the model to walk into the sea and get close ups of her face

Sisterhood: The cliffs by Rottingdean, the girls will all be stood in front of the cliffs in afternoon light

Beginning: A Hilltop at sunset; For the mirror scene, I would like to just see the mirror on the hill with just grass and sky.

I really don’t want the film to show that it was specifically shot in Brighton. I feel as though this would make it feel a bit ‘student filmy’ and also I would rather it felt more universal to the UK at least, as obviously it is not possible to travel to Morocco to shoot at all. Also I don’t think it would have worked for this particular project to shoot in Morocco, as it defeats the point that I don’t know it and that I am disconnected from it. However, I would love, as I move forward in my journey with discovering my culture, to shoot there of course.

I already have places in mind for all of these locations, so the next step is to go and recce them at the times that we’ll be shooting so that I fully know what the environment is like in terms of sunlight, whether its sheltered from the wind, the amount of people around at that time etc.