My experience at Brighton gave me the platform to find meaning and purpose in my future career.

Wesley Ankrah graduated from Brighton in 2012 with a BA(Hons) in Criminology and Sociology is now the Director of Social Value at Savills.

“Founding, building and selling my own company is the most challenging thing I’ve ever done and as any business owner will tell you, it’s a roller coaster! The highs and lows are character building in ways you can’t really describe, but the pride I feel in being able to create something is immense.”

“My experience at Brighton gave me the platform to find meaning and purpose in my future career. I returned to university as a mature student in 2009 with a lack of identity and I would say my three years in Brighton helped me discover who I was and what I wanted to be.”

“There’s always a way to get to where you want to go, but there aren’t many short cuts on that pathway. If you take too many short cuts, you will inevitably get lost on that journey. You can plan a route and make changes along the way, but make sure you understand the direction of travel always aligns with your values, principles and purpose.”

Throughout March and April 2023, we’re asking alumni of the University of Brighton to take part in our Brighton Effect campaign by sending in their own story of success. No matter how big or small, every story counts and we would love to hear them. Find out more about our Brighton Effect campaign and how you can submit your story on our campaign page.