Award-winning students celebrate their achievements in 2018

On Tuesday 4th December, the university held a celebration event comprising over 150 guests including students, staff, alumni, donors and supporters.

Hosted by our Vice-Chancellor, Professor Debra Humphris, and organised by our Philanthropy and Alumni Engagement team, the event recognised and applauded the efforts of a range of students who received awards for their outstanding efforts (academic and co-curricular) in the last academic year.

Roch McLean, mental health nursing student talking about his award and achievements at the celebration event

During the evening, a number of the student recipients spoke about their experiences, and the impact the prize has had to them as individuals, plus donors shared their reasons for giving.

Harriet Dodd, Psychology BSc(Hons) student, University of Brighton Sports Scholarship, said

“I have been able to thrive throughout my university experience so far because the scholarship scheme has been there to support me through all of my studying, racing and training. They cover all aspects of support that you could imagine and make sure I am fulfilling my potential. The staff are fantastic and I feel very lucky to be part of the scholarship programme.”

A huge well done to all our students on these achievements.

You can read the full article here.

Published by