Sport and health science courses at Brighton news

photo of Isak

Nutrition BSc – what I’ve learnt

Final year Nutrition BSc student Isak Sidelind tells a bit about his time at Brighton:

“I have learnt a lot from this course as the different modules cover the many aspects of nutrition from public health and nutraceuticals, to sports nutrition and exercise.

“I find that studying nutrition differs from a lot of other courses as I can come out of the classroom and apply a lot of the theory and skills I have been taught in class immediately. For example, learning about different forms of carbohydrates and how to best utilise them in a sport setting has enabled me to make changes to my own diet to best suit my passion for resistance training.

a group in the lab“The facilities that are available to nutrition students allow us to practise a broad range of skills including cooking, creating dietary plans, or conducting sports and exercise tests in the laboratories.

“The course leader and professors that have taught me through-out my three years at the University of Brighton have been very supportive and helped facilitate a pleasant and interactive learning environment.

“I started this course thinking of nutrition through a very narrow focus on food and consumption. The Nutrition Bachelors course has taught me the plethora of ways in which we interact with food, how food interacts with us and how nutrition is more relevant than ever in our current food landscape.”

Interested in studying nutrition? Learn about the course on the University of Brighton website. 

Kerry Burnett • 08/06/2022