Sport and health science courses at Brighton news

Sport Coaching and Development Top Up Graduate News

Sport Coaching and Development Top-up degree graduates, with course leader John Lambert (second from right), enjoying a well-earned glass of champagne at the Summer graduation.

graduates thumbnail

Courtney Daniel (third from the right) is presently studying for a Primary PGCE with additional special educational needs at Liverpool Hope University. She commented, “It was when we covered coaching children with special needs in our Professional Enquiry module that I became interested in that area of work. I did my extended placement at a school for children with complex needs including autism and it inspired me to focus on that line of education.”

Arron Trott, third from the left, is now a sport development officer with Parklife, a University of Brighton programme that promotes student sport and recreation. Arron said, “I decided after graduating from my foundation degree in golf management that the University of Brighton was the best option for a Top Up degree in Sports Coaching. It was a good decision, especially as it prepared me so well for my present post in sport coaching and sports promotion.”

Kerry Burnett • 01/02/2014