Making Garments from used fabric

Making scrunchie from old shirt:

I had some shirt I got in charity shop, however didn’t fit me anymore but I still like the colour and fabric. I decided to remake them as the scrunchie. My inspiration is flower scrunchie from Sandy Liang.

I created the first one but it is not perfectly good and I tried with the 2nd one. It just took me the afternoon and I was very enjoy the time of making them.I think the scrunchie would be cool to remake from denim or any stronger fabric that will make it stands.  

I just learned to use sewing machine recently but I can make tote bag and scrunchie from thrown away fabric. Therefore I want to encourage the target audience to try and make things for themselves. I’ve recorded very quick video to show how I did it and also create a pattern so people can download from our website.

Here is the Sandy Liang’s products.

❍ on Twitter: "flower power scrunchie by sandy liang  https://t.co/77r7a9fsWU" / Twitter

Creating more bags from the bed sheet:

The old bed sheet still has lots of fabric, therefore I want to create 2-3 bags. I made the design quite fun and cute so it matches the aesthetics we aiming for. The more I made, I learn more about the technique of sewing. I learn to do pleated as well, even though it requires some measuring and dividing the fabric in advance, I know how to do it now. Detail can be seen in my sketchbook

I did one detail tutorial for the butterfly bag which I’m gonna send to Rosa to put on the website. And another bag,I will make small reels for our social media. Unfortunately, the lighting in my  flat wasn’t very good and I filmed by myself with the tripod so some of them look a bit blurry. However, we have Lydia and Mimi who gonna photograph the final garments we’ll have better photos for website.