Beauty Shoot

I started off by taking a shot without any make up because a lot of women feel like they need to be wearing make up in social places. I wanted to show how vulnerable people feel without their masks on. For this beauty collection I wanted to use two photos for each look. One shot with a medium frame and another with a close up to show the detail of the make up.

This is one of my favourite looks from the shoot. I like the contrast between the blue and the orange and I also like how the lips match the base eyeliner. I wanted to get a full shot and a close up shot of this look to show the details.

Similar to the other looks, I like the bold and vivid make up used in this look. It fits well with my ‘stand out from the crowd’ concept that I wanted to go for. Similar to my other looks, I wanted to get a close up of the details and a full view so you can get an overall look.

This is another one of my favourite looks, I like the contrast between the teal and the red make up and also the glitter under the eyes. For all of these looks I wanted to use influence from Kat Von D, such as the bold eye liners and lips. If I was to do this shoot again I would probably shoot in a studio with the same sort of lighting she used, but I wanted to try a softer look, to see if it worked well with my concept. I think this was a successful shoot.

For this shoot I wanted to focus on creating between 6-8 bold looks based on my influence from Kat Von D. My main concept for this shoot was to keep with my black and white theme however have bands of colour like in the MAC advert and highlight the bold colours of the makeup used. I think this was a really successful shoot because I got a variety of photos and a range of different makeup styles. I used natural lighting for this shoot because I wanted a softer look in comparison to Kat Von D’s harsh bright lightings.