Developing our media pack

This week we developed and presented our media pack. I was extremely nervous to present as I don’t do well with public speaking, but I think as a group we all did a good job. We were told that our aesthetic and magazine theme is consistent and we all clearly communicated what our magazine was about. For me personally I think I could have presented better if I had memorised what I needed to speak about and not just read from my notes. I definitely could have done that but I think my nerves got the best of me. I am also neurodivergent so I do struggle with making eye contact anyway. I think presenting the media pack when it’s unmarked is good for us to all become more comfortable with public speaking so we aren’t all as nervous when it comes to the real thing. Overall we did well and I enjoyed watching other group presentations to get an insight on what they’ve been doing.

The process of creating the media pack was stressful at first but after I assigned everyone specific aspects to speak about, it felt a lot easier as it was spread out fairly to each person. I was in charge of speaking about the overall Visual Identity. I found this was most suitable for me as Art Director. I spoke about how the colour palette contrasted well with the mood we aim to create in our images and overall magazine. I also spoke about how we are going to keep a consistent theme throughout by ensuring we maintain a comfort and ……………………..

Here is the presentation for our (unmarked) media pack. I created a shared powerpoint so that everyone could add their notes, images and titles we wanted to include. Maddie our graphic designer then created a newer organised slide show on indesign so that everything we wanted to include had an ongoing theme and wasn’t messy. We went through it together and decided what should go where and organised it so that it was numbered in the order of who was going to speak about what. If you click the link on the wording down below it should take you to our media pack.

ZEAL Media Pack