Starting second year

29/9/2022

Today was the first day back at uni! I was nervous to come in at first because I didn’t know what to expect in terms of group projects, but after meeting everyone I’m going to be working with, I can happily say I’m excited to start this project! We discuss the brief as a group and started to get to know each other so that we can start to openly share our ideas. I was given the position as the Art Director for group 1. I feel motivated for this position, I think I’ll learn a lot about taking responsibility for such a big part and will gain confidence to express my opinions and visions in the next few months.

After feeling inspired me and Kat decided to have a little explore in some magazine shops on our lunch break. It was helpful to see how different types of magazines are presented. We then went back and I started to develop some ideas with my group for our editorial magazine. We struggled to pinpoint an exact theme and aesthetic we were all happy with but it’s early days so there is no rush to decide just yet.

Because we were struggling as a group to pinpoint our idea and feeling a tad overwhelmed, I set us all a task to create a Pinterest board at home so that we could all take some time to think about our floating ideas and develop them visually. I think this will help us out next week as we’ll all come back with clearer minds about what we want for this project.