Starting at uni
Engineering at Brighton is hands-on, challenging and collaborative. As engineering graduates it’s you who will become the creative problem solvers and skilled engineers of the future. Your course will open the door to the world of professional practice and innovative research, and offer you opportunities to experience new things and explore your potential and your subject.
We know you’re going to have a brilliant time here. However, there’s a lot to think about before starting university so we’ve put together some info designed to enable you to get to know your subject better and help get your student life off to the best possible start.
Start getting ready now
The following pages aim to give you a flavour of it’s like to study here and help you get to know us before you arrive.
Before you start uni
- Your complete checklist – 10 things you need to do and read before you start university.
- Complete your online enrolment
- Log onto our student portal My Brighton using your university email address.
- Download the My Brighton app.
- Access links to your study materials from the My Studies area of My Brighton. Here you can find out more about your course including reading lists, course handbooks, LinkedIn learning resources and your pre-entry academic activities.
- A team of our MEng Aeronautical Engineering students recently won a Europe-wide ‘Fly Your Thesis’ competition. Watch as they test their experiment in weightless conditions on board a series of parabolic aircraft flights organised by the European Space Agency.
Tour your campus
Our engineering courses are based on our Moulsecoomb, Brighton campus. Take a 360º tour of the campus and the facilities:
Stay in touch
- Make sure you look out for our emails, attend our online events and subscribe to this blog.
- Got any questions? You can also chat to a current student online.
Watch this video
Visit the website to find out more about what to expect and what you need to do before you get here.