Starting at uni
Engineering at Brighton is hands-on, challenging and collaborative. As engineering graduates it’s you who will become the creative problem solvers and skilled engineers of the future. Your course will open the door to the world of professional practice and innovative research, and offer you opportunities to experience new things and explore your potential and your subject.
We know you’re going to have a brilliant time here. However, there’s a lot to think about before starting university so we’ve put together some info designed to enable you to get to know your subject better and help get your student life off to the best possible start.
Start getting ready now
The following pages aim to give you a flavour of it’s like to study here and help you get to know us before you arrive.
What’s coming up and key dates:
- Check your course start date in your offer letter in Student View
- 10 August: results day
- 16 August: complete online enrolment
- Attend Belong at Brighton get ready online events – there’ll be lots to choose from across the summer – we’ll email you to let you know more
Before you start uni
- Visit the website to find out more, including a complete check list of what you need to do and read before you start uni and lots of advice and guidance to get you off to the best start.
Tour your campus
Our engineering courses are based on our Moulsecoomb, Brighton campus. Take a 360º tour of the campus and the facilities:
Stay in touch
- Make sure you look out for our emails, attend our online events and subscribe to this blog.
- Chat to a current student online. Mechanical Engineering BEng(Hons) student Harry is here to answer your questions.
- Visit the website to find out more about what to expect and what you need to do before you get here.