Tutorials & Drawing Workshop – 16/02/23

Today there were group tutorials where we discussed our ideas for the self directed project. It was really interesting to hear everyone’s ideas and thought process for the start of the project. At this point I hadn’t done much research into my ideas which was my plan for the day. I looked into a few different artists, specifically ones who had written graphic novels surrounding travel I found 4 that interest me, which I will look into and research further. These artists are Enrico Casarosa, Florent Chavouet, Lucy Knisley and Alastair Humpreys. These are their graphic novels:

The Venice Chronicles by Enrico Casarosa | GoodreadsTokyo on Foot: Travels in the City's Most Colorful Neighborhoods: Amazon.co.uk: Florent Chavouet: 8601200937466: Books

An Age of License eBook : Knisley, Lucy, Knisley, Lucy: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle StoreThe Boy who Biked the World - BUNDLE - Alastair Humphreys

In the afternoon session, there was a drawing workshop focusing on perspective. This workshop was really helpful as I do find that drawing perspective correctly can be quite difficult. The first drawing was a person in the woods which showed depth, the second drawing was an allotment and the third drawing was of a town.