Final animation & crit – 24/11/22

Today was the crit which I was a bit nervous for but I was excited to see everyone else’s work. Everyone’s work was so cool and it was really interesting to see how different everyone’s animations were from each other. I received some good feedback which was all really helpful. Firstly, there was positive feedback, a few people told me the different aspects they liked about my animation such as the character designs and the use of lighting which I was really happy about. I also got some constructive feedback for things such as increasing the speed of the reverse so that it’s more obvious that all of the previous scenes were imagined and then also having a bigger ‘wake up’ scene or ‘realisation’ when the character comes out of this imaginative place. Overall, I am really happy with the feedback I received as it was really helpful and also nice to hear what people liked about it.

After this, I went back over my animation, making some changes based on the feedback that I got. I increased the speed of the reverse and then added a fade transition when the character sort of wakes up. I also changed the lighting to make it a bit darker so that it’s more obvious that this is a new scene that is separate from the previous part. In total, I am very happy with my final animation as I worked hard on it and I also really enjoyed the process of making it. I had never worked with plasticine in stop motion before so this is a new skill that I have learnt and I really like it!