Initial ideas/drawings

I have decided that I want to create greeting cards as my 2-D image. I will create four small cards which will each have their own animation. I have started to sketch out some possible ideas and how they would link to a greeting card. I like the idea of having the laundry on the washing line blowing in the wind, however I’m not sure if it would fit as a greeting card. My next idea is to have a vase of dead or dying flowers and then in the animation they would gradually come back to life. I think that this could be a ‘get well soon’ card. I drew an image of a house, taking inspiration from my chosen text, and I think this could work for a ‘new house’ card, perhaps with some trees in the background that move in the wind or birds flying past. My final idea is a bird, inspired by the text, which flaps its wings and chirps and this would be a ‘congratulations’ card.

I also drew out a rough idea of the stages of the flowers coming back to life and how I want it to look.

I was unsure of how I wanted to animate these images as I feel animation is not one of my strengths, but after a quick tutorial and discussing ways in which I could animate them, I have decided that I will use stop motion as this is a simpler process which still gives a effective outcome.