Week 2: Afternoon Tutorial

In the afternoon tutorial I was conflicted, after visiting the magazine shop in the morning I wanted to pick a magazine I felt imitated the style of work I want to produce. My indecisiveness can often lead me to get distracted and result in research that doesn’t relate to my theme. In order to keep my directed study efficient, I asked my tutor which out of the magazines I was looking at would be the most relevant to my concept. There are several magazines that include editorials that I feel inspired by such as Dazed and ID, however although viewed as high fashion editorials, can still be considered a ‘Newsagent’ magazine; and I wanted to research into ones that were more independent.

Following the advice of my tutor I purchased copy of Puss Puss magazine, a platform for fashion, culture and music, containing editorials by different photographers and stylists that replicate work that I hope to produce. Moving forward I hope to look at photographers work included in magazines such as Puss Puss, SSAW and 032c in order to form research pages that I can include in my sketchbook.

Published in Reflection

Comments