Spreading & Contamination – Minimalistic Photography

This photoshoot is based on my current theme of spreading and contamination relating to bacteria, germs and ‘The Body’. The idea of spreading is terrifying to many people when it comes to harmful bacteria and germs (term known as Germophobia). I wanted to create a simple minimal ‘high fashion’ shoot touching on this theme of prevention of contamination. Corona Virus is very relevant at this current point in time and I think this topic is interesting to research. I wanted the shoot to be really subtle with just the gloves as ‘protection’ from germs contacting the skin. I thought it would be extremely relevant to create a piece of work such as this during this current pandemic, I wanted the shoot to have a hint of irony that connects to what is going on all around the world, the fact the model is wearing the gloves for ‘protection’ however is still touching her face with them is reinforcing the fact that these measures do not work without knowledge and commitment to the cause. I edited all the images into black and white as I want the dark theme to follow through in my research and my own work.