Put yourself out there!

Week one: An introduction to professional practice and Guest Speaker: Eva Louisa Jonas

Screenshot: https://evalouisajonas.com/a-rumour-reached-the-village

“Connect with organisations, really think about where you might fit in”. Eva Louisa Jonas

To start off professional practice we had guest speaker Eva Louisa Jonas come in and explain her personal experience within a professional environment, Jonas is an Artist Facilitator, and Collaborator who produces work in a sensory and experimental form when observing and recording her surroundings. I think what inspired me the most about Jonas is how much she puts herself out there, working in a performative element has helped her connect to organisations and people of similar interests. Although I may never feel ready to enter the professional practice world by putting myself out there will get me that little bit closer to the end goal, whatever that may be. By constantly producing work and learning from experience it will guide me to the right community to where I feel like I can fit in. Although I feel comfortable when I have a plan and some sort of structure, I need to expect the unexpected as life isn’t always as straightforward as we like. Everyone’s path is different, and we all have our own way of getting there. I don’t need to know exactly what I want to do as long as I am producing work I enjoy and having an open mind I know I will attract opportunities within the working world. As a response to guest speaker Eva Louisa Jonas, I am going to start mind-mapping potential areas of work I’m interested in or ways in which I can work to guide me to these communities.