Our materials from Global Accessibility Awareness Day (#GAAD) 2021
In case you missed the action we have embedded a Wakelet board recounting all of our favourite Tweets and resources in the lead up to and during Global Accessibility Awareness Day. Use this link to view the board at the Wakelet website.
Our favourite highlights
- The video of Dr Kevin Merry’s keynote talk where we learned about Universal Design for Learning.
- The Jisc article talking about the work of the accessibility community, in which members of the Digital Learning team were mentioned!
- University of Sussex Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) Team’s excellent accessiblity guides and their Accessibility Tips blog posts.
- A Guide to Understanding What Makes a Typeface Accessible by Gareth Ford Williams on the ‘The Readabilty Group’ on Medium.
- The new Blackboard Ally Accessibility Summary which became available on 7th May at University of Brighton.Tip: this tool will help to flag accessibility improvements in preparation for the new academic year.
Assessibility focused presentation on 14 July
Fiona MacNeill will be giving a presentation about how we have developed our use of the Blackboard Ally at the University of Brighton as part of BbWorld 2021. This is Blackboard’s annual international conference and this year it takes place on 13-15 & 20-22 of July. It is free to attend and you can register here.
Session Title: A11y, Ally, and Online: Service Design for Blackboard Ally
Session Date/Time: Wednesday 14 July, 2:00 PM – 2:30 PM