Over the Easter Weekend studentcentral moved from being hosted on site by Information Services staff to Blackboard Managed Hosting.
This move brings many benefits:
- 24 hours a day, seven days a week support from Blackboard’s International network
- Hourly backups and restoration ability
- The ability to patch and upgrade the system much more responsively
- Expert support and configuration for the service
We are currently planning for a major upgrade in July 2014, but the changes this weekend have allowed us to take advantage immediately of some patches, providing:
- The introduction of negative marking.
- A quick navigation to recently accessed courses (details to follow)
- Improved online test resilience
For more information please also see the original post announcing the move to hosting.