Craig Wakefield – New LTA

Hi, my name is Craig Wakefield and I’m the new Learning Technologies Advisor for the Hastings Campus. This is my first full week in my new job and I’d thought I’d share a few things about me!

craig mugshot

I originally studied Sport Science at Exeter and Brighton, and subsequently lectured in sport for around 7 years in a local FE college (Sussex Downs College). I delivered on a range of programmes from Level 3 – Level 5, mostly focussing on Research Methods, Biomechanics and Outdoor Adventurous Activities

Ever since I got into teaching I was interested in using learning technology in my lessons. During my time at Sussex Downs College fulfilled the role of a ‘Learning Technologies Advisor’, supporting staff with the VLE (Moodle) and other learning technologies (such as mobile learning, flipped learning etc). This involved running workshops/training for staff, creating resources and researching/testing new technologies. I now have the opportunity to do this with the University of Brighton, which is exciting! I’m looking forward to supporting staff here at Brighton and developing new ideas.

I’ll be predominantly based on the Hastings Campus in library (Havelock Road) or the academic office in Priory Square. If you see me around say hi, I am still learning everyone’s names!

Tagged with: ,
Posted in News

#appswap app of the month – June 2016 – coming soon