Art challenge on lockdown

What to do on lockdown?  MAKE ART!

I am setting some fun and simple tasks each day on the live feed, Instagram https://www.instagram.com/fostergandey/ – I challenge you to come and have some fun and join in!

By using various techniques in my art practice to warm and limber up before i start making, i find my work flows more easily.  I also teach Art and participants have expressed how useful these exercises are!  I find they sometimes become a starting point for new work and hey, they are just great fun to do.

Come and join in, have some fun making mark’s with me!

The yellow image below was done whilst i closed my eyes.  I loaded my paint brush with yellow paint, rested the brush on the paper, closed my eyes and drew an image of myself that i had in my head.  This process is not about perfection, to say the least, it is about switching off the analytical mind and allowing the hand and the imagination speak.  I used the same process for the pencil drawing.

Anyone can do this, what are you waiting for?

Looking forward to seeing you on Instagram 🙂

drawing with eyes closed
drawing with eyes closed

Drawing with eyes shut

3 thoughts on “Art challenge on lockdown

1. IG Live has been such a great outlet for me as well! Such a wonderful way to connect to our community in real time, chat and make art 🙂

2. I love that- we need to have more fun and be playful 🙂 and I love these two – especially the one with eyes closed. I want to fingerpaint now —

3. I like your pencil drawing best and limbering up before art is a great idea ~ I should totally do that ^__^ Thank you so much for sharing this post with us ^__^ //