foraging walk. research.

This image requires alt text, but the alt text is currently blank. Either add alt text or mark the image as decorative.This image requires alt text, but the alt text is currently blank. Either add alt text or mark the image as decorative.

Despite my primary research into foraging via interviewing Emma Collins, I carried out further research into the world of foraging. After finding a WhatsApp group full of brighton foragers, i asked them what was the best spot in brighton for foraging, i was told stanmer park had some of the best foraging finds in brighton. So after finding out that information on a cold november morning, me and my friends grabbed our snacks for a picnic, pre downloaded our mushroom identify app and caught the next bus towards stanmer park.

As we ventured into the deep forests of stanmer park, we looked around and could not identify or scout out any mushrooms or treasures, except from the beautiful surroundings of the forest. But as we continued to stroll through the woods, we started to spot more and more mushrooms, once we finally spotted one, our eyes were open to more and more patches of mushrooms dotted around the woodland. Our app helped us identify the mushrooms, letting us know if it was poisonous or not, the non-poisonous ones I picked and placed into a bag to bring to our microdosing photoshoot as a prop.

My overall first experience of foraging was such a joy. It was nice to take a break from relaying on my phone to keep me entertained. Not only did this trip help me bond more with nature but it also helped me bound more with my friends as we shared the same joy for discovering the hidden beauties of nature.

In relation to my editorial writing, this foraging trip really inspired me to think more creatively in how to express a love for foraging and nature whilst thinking about the thoughts of how foraging could change in the future. Nature is something so precious that i really hope does not get distracted by all the technology in the world.

Published by