‘Checking in with You’ survey results
Thank you to all the School of Education students who took the time to complete the ‘Checking in with You survey’ we ran in May and June – this is the second year we have carried out this survey.
The survey asked a series of questions on students’ feelings on the themes of belonging, self-confidence and level of engagement.
We were delighted to learn from those who completed this year’s survey that:
- more School of Education students agreed they feel at home at the university and that they belong compared to last year
- more School of Education students agreed that they expect to do well on their course compared to last year
- more School of Education students feel motivated towards their studies and try and do a bit more than it asks compared to last year
Some highlighted statistics from the survey show:
- 97%* of School of Education students feel they have been able to make connections between what they learn from different parts of their course
- 92%) of School of Education students feel they have been shown respect by members of staff at the university
- 91%* of School of Education students feel they have put a lot of effort in to the work they have done
- 91%* of School of Education students feel they have been able to use feedback on their work to improve what they do.
We know that School of Educations students are some of the happiest students at the University of Brighton and it’s always good to receive feedback.
* Percentage stats based on 92 responses out of 1,149 students.