Are you a School of Education student or alumni looking to boost your employability?
Perhaps you’d like to find out more about how to network and build connections – in person and via LinkedIn? Do you know what kind of opportunities are available to you?
If these are some of the questions you’ve been asking yourself recently, why not come along to the launch of UoB Connect: Be More.
This is an exciting project designed to help you Be More: Employable, Skilled and Connected.
The event will take place on Thursday 13th February from 12-4pm (come along when you can) and will be held at the American Express Community Stadium in Falmer, Brighton.
A great range of activities will be available for you to take part in, including:
- Learning how to network session
- Informal networking with alumni
- Finding out about LinkedIn
- Getting a FREE professional LinkedIn headshot
- Discovering more about volunteering (Active Student)
- Exploring the possibility of getting a mentor (Momentum programme)
- Talking to staff from the Careers Service
- Collecting information and advice on entrepreneurship and start-ups from beepurple and Springboard
- Taking a Sport Brighton mini challenge and finding out more about the Parklife scheme
When you arrive on the day you’ll be given a UoB Connect: Be More challenge card. As you participate in the activities listed above, you can get your challenge card stamped. Once your card is full, you can exchange this for a certificate of participation which you can then upload to your LinkedIn profile/CV.
This is a FREE event and lunch will be provided. Parking will be available at the stadium and you can also travel there by train (Falmer station) or bus.
Places are limited so register here asap!