At the Sallis Benney Theatre, Grand Parade Main Building, Brighton, BN2 0JY
This is a free event, but registration is required. Don’t miss your chance to take part.
Join Brighton Futures for talks, discussion groups and an evening barbecue to find out more about opportunities to develop your international research. This event is aimed at all postgraduate students and staff who have international experience or would like to work internationally. Two of our international PhD students will be speaking at the event, and all doctoral students are welcome to attend.
Including keynote from Rachael Sara-Kennedy, Head of International Partnerships, Universities UK International (UUKi)
The changing landscape of international research funding; opportunities, challenges and partnerships
At this university-wide event, we will plan our future research and collaboration on the international stage. In participating you will:
- gain insights from staff and postgraduate students who have built successful international partnerships
- share your experiences in small discussion groups
- find out about new University funding opportunities and how funding for international research is changing.
In particular, the international day is designed to:
- celebrate our international postgraduate research community
- support staff and postgraduate career development by linking staff and students into our international work
- promote progressive research and enterprise at the University that addresses issues internationally
- enable staff and postgraduates to identify possible collaborations and to bid for new research funding streams, such as the Global Challenges Research Fund and established funding programmes such as European Commission (EC) funding
- determine our future international research profile and priorities
Life Beyond the PhD – Monday 13th to Friday 17th August 2018
Are you a late-stage doctoral student at the University of Brighton? Would you like to win a fully-funded place to attend Cumberland Lodge’s eleventh annual ‘Life Beyond the PhD’ conference this August?
Cumberland Lodge is an educational charity with a superb residential conference centre on the Berkshire/Surrey border. Their annual conference is designed to help doctoral students from any discipline prepare for their future, and to show that PhDs have value both inside and outside academia.
In 2016, one of our Doctoral students, Uschi Klein, won a place to attend this annual conference and found the experience highly rewarding. You can read Uschi’s thoughts and check out her fabulous photos in her blog post.
To apply for a fully-funded place at this year’s conference, please submit a short statement (300 words maximum) describing your ambitions beyond your PhD and what you would hope to gain from attending ‘Life Beyond the PhD’ to L.Slater@brighton.ac.uk by 12pm (midday) Friday 25 May, 2018.
For full competition and further conference details, please see our PDF document.