Project 3- The Moon

Through my study of the moon and the themed drawing session, I began doing sketches for my poster. I think my initial idea was to have some sort of comic strip showing a world and characters unknown to us on the moon. I was trying to capture as many aspects of my research as possible. The idea was that there would be a society living on the “dark side” of the moon, small and cute characters. Then whenever they ventured out of the dark side of the moon they would be affected in a similar way to werewolves, this of course affected the moon rabbits too. There was also the idea that their homes would be made of space debris however I was unable to include that in the final poster.

As I developed my work I began to focus on the strange moon rabbits and their transformation process to become more wolf-like creatures.

Then I began to design how these characters would be discovered and presented. I had the idea of a large group at somewhere like NASA seeing something on their screens that they just couldn’t explain.

For the initial deadline for the poster I crammed everything I’d done rather cohesively onto the page and added in some sketches and information however I wasn’t happy with the final outcome.

I later changed the poster to more reflect what I had originally envisaged. I feel the comic style strip works a lot better and I placed an animation in the NASA screen that I feel helps emphasise them not understanding what is happening up there. 
Below is the animation shown on the NASA screen.

The second shorter animation of the moon flying through the words “The Moon” was successful as a gif but I am unable to present it on this blog properly for some unknown reason. The video below shows all the frames on a black background which should be transparent however a general idea can be seen.