Day 5 – Presentation and Conclusion

On this day we finished the poster with input from the 6th formers who created the titles for us. We then presented our designs to the rest of the class.

The presentation on a whole went relatively well. We were all well spoken and clearly presented our ideas. We were were told that our ideas were very good, but the final presentation of our designs needed more “finesse” as some aspects were very rough and not refined enough, which I completely agree with.

Overall i believe we created a very good design that covered all aspects of the brief very well, but our final product was undersold. to avoid this from happening next time and to ensure we put our ideas across in a clearer manner, I believe better time management is needed as well as better delegation of the work. This would of ensured that the poster and models were to the same quality as our final idea.

In conclusion I throughly enjoyed the week. Although it was very hard work and we were in uni for 8/9 hours a day, I think that the week was very rewarding and I learnt a great deal about the make up of bridges, and how good time management and delegation of work is vital to keep a project like this running smoothly.

Although I enjoyed it, i do not believe that the involvement of the 6th formers was needed as they only contributed partially to the work. Although again this can be argued against as with better delegation of work they could have been involved more.

Attached is a picture of our final presentation.

20161113-114132.jpg